Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery In Dubai
Expert surgical care
Most frequent questions and answers
- Discuss the procedure with your dentist:During your initial consultation, make sure that you understand the severity of your condition, the reason for the procedure, as well as the risks and benefits of the surgery.
- Arrive early: Come to your appointment at least 15-20 minutes early so you have a chance for some last-minute paperwork and relax first before the surgery.
- Wear comfortable clothing: Short sleeves or loose clothing is recommended to make it easier for the nurses to check your vital signs and administer IV if required.
- Arrange a ride home: You’ll likely to get strong anesthesia or sedation during the surgery, which can make it unsafe to drive yourself home. The need for this can be discussed with your surgeon at the consultation stage. We would gladly arrange a diver for you if necessary.
- Eat the right post-surgery meal: Opt for soft food items that require little to no chewing. Drink lots of water but avoid using a straw. Also, avoid spicy or acidic foods that may irritate your gums and tongue. Be sure to also take all prescribed medications at the right time.
Oral and maxillofacial surgeons are trained to diagnose and provide treatment on head, neck, face, jaws, as well as the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region. They are also proficient in administration of anesthesia and surgical care within an office setting.
Among the cases treated by our maxillofacial and oral surgeons are:
- Surgical extraction of wisdom teeth
- Misaligned jaws
- Jaw tumors and cysts
- Conditions that require dental implant surgery
- Head and neck trauma
- Oral cancer
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) diseases
- Cosmetic needs for enhanced facial appearance
- Sleep apnea
- Cleft lip, cleft palate, and other congenital defects