Gummy Smile Treatment In dubai
Flash Your Smile
Minus The Insecurities
From self-conscious to self-confident
Most frequent questions and answers
- Gingivectomy –This is the least invasive treatment which involves the reduction of a little gum tissue. Performed under local anesthesia, your periodontist will reshape your teeth by carving the excess gum tissue from the crown of the teeth using dental tools and lasers. No stitches are necessary as gum tissues will heal on their own within 2 weeks.
- Crown Lengthening – This surgical procedure involves the creation of an incision in the gum tissue to reveal the bone that holds your teeth. A little portion of the bone is removed and gum flap is stitched back into place, exposing the teeth more.
- Lip repositioning –To reposition your lip, a small horizontal part of the tissue is removed from the upper lip and stitched back on the lip’s lower position. This way, the movement of the upper lip is restricted and doesn’t expose too much of your gums. Our services for lip repositioning surgery are guaranteed safe and with immediate, evident results.
- Laser gum recontouring – Laser treatment is a painless alternative to reshape your gum line in a minimally-invasive procedure, mainly for mild gummy smile cases. Done under local anesthesia, your periodontist will remove excess gum tissue using a precision device that omits highly focused laser energy. This treatment seals up blood vessels easily so there is less swelling and bleeding during the procedure.
Aesthetics-wise, an ideal smile line only shows minimal gum tissue to make it balanced and in harmony with teeth and the upper lip. However, more than just a cosmetic problem, a gummy smile could be indicative of other dental conditions such as an improper bite or bad jaw development. It is best to consult with any of our specialist periodontists to properly address any gum-related problems.
For treatment of gummy smiles, you must consult with any of our specialist periodontists, among the best dentists in their field. Periodontists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of periodontal (gum-related) diseases. At Micris Dental Clinic, our specialist periodontists are well-equipped in performing various cosmetic periodontic procedures such as gummy smile treatment and even dental implants.
- During your initial consultation, your periodontist will examine your mouth, teeth, and gums to examine the severity of your gummy smile and determine its cause. Your health habits may also be discussed
- Some X-rays and impressions may also be taken to have a full assessment of the roots of the tooth and the jawbone position.
- Your periodontist will discuss with you the appropriate treatment plan for your specific case, whether it is a minimally invasive procedure or an actual surgery. This treatment will be scheduled accordingly so you can prepare for it.
- On the day of your treatment, your dentist will make markings on your gum line to show you how much gum tissue will be removed and how the gums will be contoured.
- Local anesthetic will be applied on your gums to numb the area and finally the treatment procedure (depending on what was discussed in the consultation) will be done in-office.
Gummy smile treatment is not just reduction of your gum tissue. To recreate the smile that suits you best, your periodontist will check the following:
- Shape and size of your lips
- Muscles on your face
- Teeth structure
- Gingival (gum) tissue
To make an ideal smile line, the edges of your upper teeth must be parallel with your lower lip when you smile. It should not show more than 3 mm of gums between the bottom of your upper lip and top of your tooth.
After your gummy smile treatment, you may feel a bit of discomfort after the anesthesia wears off. This is normal for the first 48 hours. Make sure to follow these tips so you can wear your new smile confidently in no time.
- Make sure that you take the medications prescribed by your dentist to ease the pain. Do not take aspirin as it may cause bleeding.
- Avoid hard, crunchy or spicy food and simply go on a soft diet (eggs, yogurt, soft vegetables) for 7-10 days.
- Be careful not to directly brush or floss on the treated area for at least two weeks. Consult with your dentist on proper brushing and flossing techniques while your gums are still healing.
- Consult with any of the specialist periodontists in our Dubai clinic should there be excessive bleeding or discomfort.