Dental Crowns in dubai
Restoring Teeth Improving Smiles
A life-changing treatment
Do you feel self-conscious because of damaged, discolored, or missing teeth? Don’t worry because dental crowns and dental bridges can help restore the glow to your smile. A lot of factors can affect the health and appearance of your teeth.
The good news is that Micris Dental Clinic offers a range of dental solutions to improve your smile’s appearance with natural-looking treatments that resemble your real teeth. You don’t have to hide your pearly whites anymore.
Our specialist prosthodontists offer the best services for dental crowns and dental bridges with results that will undoubtedly make you smile.
A dental crown is a cap designed to cover a damaged tooth and restore its shape, function, and appearance. There are different materials used in making dental crowns such as ceramic, stainless steel, zirconia, acrylic, gold, or other metal alloys, ensuring a strong protection for your teeth. Dental crowns are cemented on existing teeth or implants and can only be removed by your prosthodontist. At Micris Dental Clinic, our prosthodontists offer comprehensive check-ups and excellent services for dental crowns, tailored to fit your specific needs and dental condition.
Dr. Marwan Al Obeidi
General Dentist & Implantologist
Dr. Soren Kollat Jensen
Dr. Christina Friis-Moeller
Dr. Khasha Ilbak
Dr. Margarida O’Neill
Dr. Ibrahim Alrawi
Dr. Sara Jamal
What are dental crowns for?
How is the dental crown procedure done?
Most frequent questions and answers
Can any dentist do dental crowns?
It is ideal to choose a prosthodontist for dental crown procedures. A prosthodontist is a specialist in the restoration and replacement of teeth with artificial substitutes like tooth caps and bridges.
While most general dentists can also do dental crowns, choosing a prosthodontist for the procedure has several advantages. Prosthodontists undergo additional training and education to specialize in restorative dental procedures, making them more skilled in these types of treatments. They can also provide you with more options for your dental crowns and ensure a perfect fit that matches the look and feel of your natural teeth.
It’s important to choose a dental professional that you trust and feel comfortable with. At Micris Dental Clinic, our team of dental experts includes prosthodontists who specialize in dental crowns and other restorative dental procedures. We aim to provide you with the highest quality of dental care and work with you to find the best solution for your dental needs.
How long do dental crowns last?
Dental crowns can last a long time with proper care and good oral hygiene. In fact, they are designed to last a lifetime! However, there are several factors that can affect the longevity of dental crowns. For example, if the underlying tooth becomes decayed or damaged by gum disease, the crown may become loose or fall off and will require replacement. In addition, habits such as grinding or clenching your teeth, biting your fingernails, or chewing on hard objects can also cause damage to the crown.
To ensure the longest possible lifespan of your dental crown, it is important to practice good oral hygiene, including regular brushing and flossing. Additionally, it is important to schedule regular checkups with your dentist to monitor the health of the underlying tooth and the fit of the crown. By taking care of your dental crown and maintaining good oral hygiene, you can enjoy a beautiful and healthy smile for many years to come.
What is a zirconia crown?
A zirconia crown is a type of dental crown that has become increasingly popular among patients. This type of crown is made from zirconium, a silicate material that is known for its durability and strength. Zirconia crowns are a great choice for many patients because they closely resemble natural teeth in both color and texture.
Compared to traditional porcelain crowns, zirconia crowns are easily shaped and can be cemented much faster. Additionally, zirconia is used in various medical applications outside of dentistry, such as hip, finger, or ear surgeries. These crowns are a great option for those looking for a long-lasting and natural-looking solution to damaged or missing teeth.
Benefits of zirconia crowns:
- Durability: Zirconia crowns are extremely strong and can withstand heavy biting forces, making them long-lasting.
- Aesthetics: Zirconia crowns have a natural and lifelike appearance that closely resembles real teeth.
- Biocompatibility: Zirconia is a biocompatible material, which means that it is safe for use in the human body and will not cause any adverse reactions.
- Low thermal conductivity: Zirconia has a low thermal conductivity, meaning it will not conduct heat or cold to your tooth’s nerve, thus avoiding discomfort.
- Fast turnaround time: Compared to other types of crowns, zirconia crowns can be created quickly and fitted in fewer appointments, thanks to its advanced technology.
Overall, zirconia crowns provide a strong, aesthetic and biocompatible option for those seeking a dental restoration solution.
What is the cost of dental crowns in Dubai?
Your prosthodontist will determine the cost of dental crowns in Dubai based on your dental condition and the type of crown needed. The exact cost will be provided to you during your consultation.
How should you care for your dental crowns?
Dental crowns are designed to last a long time, but proper care and maintenance are essential to ensure their longevity. Here are some tips to help you care for your dental crowns:
First and foremost, make sure to brush and floss your teeth regularly, at least twice a day, to maintain good oral hygiene. This is crucial to prevent the buildup of plaque and tartar, which can damage your natural teeth and your dental crowns.
Avoid biting down on hard objects, such as ice or hard candy, as well as using your teeth to open or cut objects. Doing so can cause damage to your crowns and natural teeth.
Regular visits to your dentist for professional cleanings and checkups are also important. Your dentist will examine the condition of your dental crowns and make sure they are still fitting properly. If necessary, your dentist will clean your crowns, removing any plaque or tartar buildup.
Following these tips and practicing good oral hygiene will help ensure that your dental crowns last for many years to come.
Dental bridges are used to bridge gaps between missing teeth. They are composed of two crowns with false teeth placed in between, and are commonly called fixed removable dentures or fixed dental prosthesis. These bridges are anchored to your natural teeth or implants for support, and prevent your other teeth from becoming misaligned.
Dental bridges are typically made of materials such as alloy, porcelain, gold, or a combination of strong materials. At Micris Dental Clinic, we offer comprehensive check-ups and custom-made dental bridges to meet your specific needs and dental condition. Our dental bridges not only restore your normal oral functions and your smile, but they also prevent your other teeth from becoming misaligned.
What is the procedure of getting a dental bridge?
Dental bridges are a great solution for missing teeth. The procedure typically takes a few visits to the dentist and involves the following steps:
- Initial consultation – Your dentist will examine your teeth and recommend the best solution for your dental problem. If dental bridges are deemed suitable, your dentist will discuss the process and answer any questions you have.
- Preparation of teeth – If the gap is between two healthy teeth, your dentist may need to file each of them to prepare them for the bridge. If the two adjacent teeth are unhealthy, placing an implant may be recommended to hold the bridge in place.
- Impression of teeth – Your prosthodontist will take impressions of your teeth to create the artificial tooth/teeth and the bridge. A temporary bridge will be placed in your mouth to cover the exposed teeth and gums as you wait for the fixed bridge to be created.
- Placement of the bridge – On your next visit, your prosthodontist will remove the temporary bridge and place your custom-made bridge in your mouth. Crowns will also be placed, either cemented on your two healthy teeth or attached to your dental implants.
- Follow-up – After the procedure, your dentist will provide you with instructions on how to care for your new dental bridge. You will also be scheduled for regular check-ups to ensure that the bridge is functioning properly and to prevent any potential dental issues.
How long do dental bridges last?
With proper oral care and hygiene, dental bridges can last for more than 10 years, although on average they typically last from five to seven years. The lifespan of a dental bridge is determined by the foundation where it is attached to. By taking good care of your oral health and hygiene, including regular brushing and flossing, you can help ensure the longevity of your dental bridge.
What are the different types of dental bridges?
When it comes to dental bridges, there are different types that our prosthodontists may recommend depending on your dental case and the location of your missing tooth/teeth. These types include:
- Traditional Bridges – These bridges are used when there are healthy natural teeth on each side of the gap. The false tooth/teeth are attached to these natural teeth to bridge the gap.
- Implant Bridges – These bridges are used when there aren’t healthy teeth to support a bridge or when some or all of the teeth have already fallen out. A custom-made bridge will be anchored to your implants.
- Resin-Bonded Bridges – These bridges are used when the missing teeth are in front of the mouth. This type involves artificial teeth fused together to metal bands and cemented to the back of your natural teeth.
- Cantilever Bridges – These bridges are used when all the healthy teeth are only on one side of the missing tooth/teeth. The artificial tooth will be anchored on one or more of the healthy, natural teeth.
What is the cost of dental bridges in Dubai?
The cost of dental bridges depends on various factors, such as the type of bridge, the material used, and the location of the missing tooth/teeth. Your prosthodontist will assess your dental condition and provide you with an accurate cost estimate during your consultation.
How should you care for your dental bridges?
Dental bridges can last a long time with proper care and maintenance. It’s important to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing your teeth at least twice a day. Regular dental checkups and professional cleaning can also help prolong the life of your dental bridges