Ceramic Braces in dubai
Smile In Style
Straighten your teeth without feeling self-conscious
Our specialist orthodontists are committed to providing you with the best treatment for ceramic braces in Dubai with outstanding patient care.
How do ceramic braces work?
What is the process of getting ceramic braces?
Most frequent questions and answers
- Virtually invisible. Most adult patients consider transparent braces as a more stylish option that blends with the natural color of the teeth. Ceramic braces are also stain-resistant which means your brackets will not turn yellowish over time, keeping it virtually invisible.
- Faster results than clear aligners. Ceramic braces are a much faster treatment than clear aligners since they are fixed orthodontics.
- Less interference with imaging tests. Ceramic braces do not produce much signal interference during X-rays, ultrasound, and other imaging tests compared with metal braces.
Adults whose permanent teeth have all come out are the best candidates for ceramic braces. When your teeth have stopped growing, the risk of brackets breaking due to tooth movement is minimized.
However, if you are the type who plays contact sports, ceramic braces won’t be your best bet. Since the risk of breaking the brackets is higher in ceramic, metal braces or removable clear aligners may be recommended by your orthodontist.
- Soft foods are most recommended especially during the first few days of wearing braces. Eat mashed potatoes, soup, scrambled eggs, and other foods that do not need much chewing.
- Over-the-counter pain relievers or any prescribed medication by an orthodontist can help alleviate the discomfort.
- To avoid mouth sores, orthodontic wax may be recommended by your dentist. Be sure to apply it as prescribed.
- Gargling a salt and water solution (1/2 teaspoon of salt of one cup of water) is helpful to heal lip or gum sores faster.
Yes, retainers are important to keep your teeth in their new alignment. Teeth have the tendency to move back to their original position once your ceramic braces are removed. Your specialist orthodontist will recommend a removable metal or ceramic retainer to be worn over a period of time until the alignment is fixed. Discuss with your dentist to know if the retainers are included in the treatment cost.
The cost of ceramic braces in Dubai depends on the severity of your orthodontic case as well as the length of the treatment that you need. The full cost of the treatment will be determined by your dentist upon initial consultation. Generally, the price of ceramic braces is bit higher than metal braces but much cheaper than clear aligners.
In taking care of your clear ceramic braces or any other orthodontic treatments, it is highly important to keep good oral hygiene habits such as brushing your teeth and braces regularly. Consult with your orthodontist whether you must use an electric toothbrush or a special toothbrush for your braces. Flossing at least twice a day would also help prevent food from getting stuck in between teeth.
While ceramic brackets are stain-resistant, it is still best to avoid highly-pigmented foods and beverages such as coffee, wine, and tea to keep your elastics stain-free so you don’t need to have it replaced too frequently.
Here we have listed some of the foods to avoid while wearing braces.
- Brackets– Available in transparent, white, or tooth-colored shades.
- Archwires– Available in silver, white, or frosted color to blend with light-colored brackets
- Elastic bands– The bands that keep the archwire in place are available in various colors that blend to your skin shade or other regular colors if you prefer to add some style on your braces.